The Director of Manufacturing Operations (DMO)
The Warehouse Manager (WM) has the overall responsibility for the reception, dispatching, storage and safekeeping of all raw materials and finished product (FP) within the Plant warehouses. As a new position within the organization, the Warehouse Manager is expected to create a Warehouse Management Program that includes: Warehouse Utilization, Inventory Classification, and Fast Moving & Slow Moving Stocks.
1. Oversee the reception, dispatching and storage of Raw Materials (RM) & Finished Products.
2. Liaise with the production manager to ensure stock and transfer and reconciliation are done for each production run.
3. Ensure effective and safe use of warehouse equipment such as forklifts, pallet racking, and pallet jacks (this includes training of operators, and making sure they perform routine operational inspection on forklifts).
4. Maintain documentation and keep accurate records of warehouse activities (inventories, transfer to production, delivery notes for distribution, and import and export documentation).
5. Prepare the product for export along with all documents required.
6. Provide information to the DMO as required for budgeting purposes.
7. Work closely with the Sales/Customer Relations department, and Quality department.
8. Coordinate the transport of our products to the PAP depot and other customers’ depots (ex.UNICEF, BND).
9. Maintain good housekeeping and GMP in areas under her/his direct control.
10. Adhere to and enforce safety programs within the warehouse.
11. Work closely with the accounting department to have a monthly inventory count on RM and FP.
12. Motivate and discipline the staff when needed.
Education: At the minimum, the successful candidate should have a bachelors/license in Business Administration, and/or Warehouse, and/or Distribution Management, and/or Stock Management.
Experience: At least 2 years’ experience of warehousing and distribution management, stock management in the food and beverage industry.
- Ability to maneuver material handling equipment like forklift, electrical and mechanical pallet jacks.
- Excellent knowledge of stock control procedures and recording methods such as an ERP system.
- Ability to train and provide direction to subordinates.
- Ability to read and write French and English.
- Effective consultation, communication and problem solving skills.