THE SMART PLAN FOR THE FUTURE OF HAITI
MFK’s four-pronged approach saves lives and puts Haiti on the path to a stronger future:
1. Treatment of malnutrition through the manufacture and distribution of RUTF and RUSF;
2. Creating jobs at its factory and training employees and farmers to improve their skills;
3. Educating peanut farmers in modern methods of agriculture; decreasing aflatoxin, a peanut contaminant; and guaranteeing a sustainable market for their crops; and
4. Research and development of new therapeutic and nutritious products and better seed varieties and improved agricultural interventions.
WAYS TO GIVE
• A charitable bequest is made through your will or trust to establish your wishes today without relinquishing assets during your lifetime.“I give to Meds & Food for Kids, ___% of my residuary estate or $___ of my residuary estate. A Missouri not-for-profit organization, Meds & Food for Kids is located at 8050 Watson Rd., Ste. 355, St. Louis, MO 63119 (EIN 20-1257910).”
• Designate Meds & Food for Kids as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, retirement plan, or IRA while still planning for your and your family’s future.
• You can make a gift directly from your IRA, called a “Qualified Charitable Distribution”(QCD), which you can do starting from when you turn age 70½, if you are no longer working and contributing to an IRA. A QCD is an otherwise taxable distribution from your IRA that is paid directly from your IRA to a qualified charity, such as Meds & Food for Kids. (information prepared by Sward Team of the Moneta Group.)
Thank you for considering a legacy gift to Meds & Food for Kids. Your thoughtful planning now will make a difference for a lifetime to children and families in Haiti.