2023 is coming to a close, and as we reflect on the year we are proud to share some of Meds & Food for Kids’ key milestones:
- This year was MFK’s 20th anniversary. Children saved in the organization’s early years are now young adults, whose talents would have been lost to malnutrition two decades ago without treatment.
- Our factory in Haiti is now using solar energy instead of diesel. This has enabled MFK to produce more therapeutic foods with additional shifts, and so far has reduced over 211 tons of CO2 emissions.
- In May MFK produced a record 15,000 treatments for severely malnourished children.
- We hosted our first annual “Zero Hunger: Doing What Works” forum featuring author Roger Thurow discussing solutions for the global hunger crisis.
- CEO Chris Greene and COO Remenson Tenor hosted the first MFK Zoom calls to share updates about the work in Haiti.
This is possible thanks to donors who support MFK’s work to save lives and transform futures.
Over 20 years, we have treated more than 900,000 malnourished children and mothers. Together, we can reach 1 million.
Thank you for an incredible 2023. We look forward to seeing what we can achieve together in 2024.
Chris Greene, CEO
Remenson Tenor, COO
Dr. Patricia Wolff, Founder